Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

December 19, 2016

My Christmas Tree 2016



Merry Christmas everyone! I put up my Christmas Tree today!

Some of my surnames are

Peer, Vollick, King, McGinnis, Downey, Stead, Simpson, Burkholder, Fuller, Greenlees, Johnston, Shuart, Van Slyke, Ryckman, Bradt, Van Valkenburg, Damen, Caiser, Taine, Philpot, Norris, Higginson, Bell, Caspall, Holford, Smith, Dawson, Marical, Baker, Larroway, De Graw, Gingerich, Jamieson, Hubbard, Laming, Williams, Norman, Whibley, Page, Crunden, Fryer, Van Horn, Snediker, Sutton, Elvery, Anson, Blandell, Jackson, LeRoy, Winne, Hommell, Snider, Bellinger, Warner, Van Alstyne, Muller, Deroche, Wust, Kehl, Earl, Cole, Burd, Vrooman  Post, Shuart, Uziele and more.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a Kindergarten teacher in 1956 Miss Burkholder. She taught at Dovercourt School in Toronto, Ontario. I was five and loved her so much. Is she in your tree?

Olive Tree Genealogy said...

I'm afraid I have no idea!

Penny said...

This is very cool Lorine! Do you have instructions or a template that you'd be willing to share??

Penny said...

This is such a cool Christmas tree Lorine! How did you do it? Do you have instructions? Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Olive Tree Genealogy said...

Hi Penny

I don't have a template. I just used WORD and typed in my surnames until I had the shape tree I wanted. Then I highlighted each surname and made the text whatever colour suited me

Then I did a screenshot of the image and imported it into my graphic program (Pixelmator)

For the star on top and the presents on the bottom I found public domain images and inserted them into the image in Pixelmator to create my final version tree graphic.

Colleen G. Brown Pasquale said...

Lorine, your tree is nice and full. May you find may wonderful facts to hang on your tree in 2017! Merry Christmas!