Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

May 23, 2016

Everyone Makes Mistakes: Why You Should Review Your Research Notes

A few days ago I decided to have another look at some census records I obtained many years ago for my Peer ancestors in Pennsylvania. When the 1830 census first became available online I had quickly found, and copied, the information for the family. I wanted to verify what I’d copied.

I headed for Ancestry.com to search their census records. Using their wildcard feature which picks up variant spellings, I searched for Edward P*er in Pennsylvania in 1830.
An index transcription popped up. I was quite puzzled because the indexed notes did not match what I had copied a few years ago. Was it possible I had made a mistake in my entry?

Please see the rest of my article on Legacy Family Tree Everyone Makes Mistakes: Why You Should Review Your Research Notes

1 comment:

GeniAus said...

I call this nitpicking, http://geniaus.blogspot.com.au/2016/05/nitpicking.html, - it's amazing what I have found through this exercise.