Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

December 11, 2013

Christmas Photos and Memories

Christmas Photos and Memories
This is the earliest family Christmas photo I have. I'm not there so I suspect this was taken in 1945 or 1946. 

The photo looks like it was taken in my Grandmother's house in Guelph Ontario Canada and it includes my 3 siblings and my cousin. 

After this photo there's a jump of 10 or more years before another Christmas picture!  It too was taken at Grandma's house and I'm wondering if we didn't own a camera. 

Otherwise I can't explain why we have no family Christmas  photos except these. 

Christmas Photos and Memories
 
This photo is of me (with the doll)  and my sister. We don't look very happy so I've always wondered what was happening. 

I should have been ecstatic because that doll was the one I wanted more than anything that year. If you held its little arms it walked! The legs were articulated and that was quite thrilling to me. 

But we were very poor and I knew there was a good chance I would not get that doll because it was too expensive. I do recall how thrilled I was to see it! 

Do you have early Christmas photos? I wish I had some of my mom or dad as children but there are none. 

I often wonder how my grandparents celebrated Christmas but there's no one left to ask. 


No comments: